I wanted to try something a little harder this year, so I went with the Imperial logo from Star Wars. I began by taking the logo, printing it out, taping it to my pumpkin and then tracing the design with a marker. As you can see, the shape of the design prohibits the standard straight-through carving that I used last year with the TIE Fighter. This time, I had to scoop out the skin and some internal flesh using an Exacto Knife. The result is a very handsome design that has a much better structural integrity than last year's. On the flip side, this one takes several simultaneous candles to light properly and burns out of oxygen quickly if the lid is in place (even after I punched a half-a-dozen holes in it).
For those wondering, I took the picture in my basement with all the lights off and my camera set to low-light mode.